Standard Restorations are £20. Advanced Restorations with significant damage cost between £30-40, and Ultimate Restorations for heavily damaged photos will be quoted after viewing. All repairs come with two 6"x4" prints and a digital copy. Further formats and prints are available on request.
How to send your photographs
You can send your photographs through to acuteFX Design in three ways:
Often generating the best results, posting your photos or negatives to us allows us to scan them with high quality equipment and generate better end-results. When sending by post; please purchase recorded delivery and include insurance if the photograph is particularly valuable. Also include something to stop the envelope from bending such as a postcard, if possible. If you want to send a batch of photographs (10+) or large images that cannot be posted, we can have them collected for £4.99, or £9.99 insured.
Home Scanning and Email:
If you have a scanner or 'all-in-one' printer at home, you could scan your photographs yourself and send them via email to acuteFX Design. Please follow the scanning guidelines below for home scanning:
• Scan your photos at 600DPI if possible, or 300DPI minimum. Note that DPI is sometimes called PPI.
• Make sure your scanner's glass and photo(s) are clean before scanning - dust and fingerprints show up!
• Disable any 'auto-contrast' or 'colour correct' settings your scanner may have.
• Save in .JPG, .BMP or .PDF file formats if possile.
• If your scanned images are too large to send by email, feel free to use www.sendspace.com
to upload your
images before sending them to acuteFX Design.
Professional Scanning and Email:
Some print or camera shops will have scanners and photo-copiers open to the public and you could use these to scan your photographs before sending to acuteFX Design. When using a professional scanner, please still follow the guidelines above to ensure a good quality copy.
For information or assistance with scanning your photos please contact us